FOH is the leader in establishing a national AED program for the federal government and has established itself as the largest overall public access AED program in the nation, with more than 3,900 units. FOH provides this effective, full-service structured program.
A research study published in the January 2014 Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine demonstrates that the FOH AED program clearly benefits survival after cardiac arrest in the workplace. Without a program, nationally, a person’s chance of surviving a true cardiac arrest is 3 to 4 percent. With an established AED program, the current data show that the survival rate can be greater than 40 percent.
Services offered include:
- Development of site-specific AED programs
- AED Medical Director oversight and consultation services
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)/AED training with optional Bloodborne Pathogens and/or First Aid courses
- Purchase of equipment and supplies
- Equipment/supply tracking
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest event analysis